This software is free to download and use; but please feel free to donate.
Beta 1.06r -
- Added PHPBB v3.0 Support
- Fixed Suggest Issue
Beta 1.06q -
- Fixed Safari 3 Issues
Beta 1.06p -
- Fixed IE UTF Encoding issue on some sites (see IE_UTF_Encode variable)
- Fixed Drop S support on words that are actually misspelleded with a double s
- Fixed for newer PHP support using _REQUEST / _POST / _COOKIE variables
- Added user supplied Polish language file (Thanks Pablo)
- Fixed Word_Is_Case warning. (But was added in 106m)
- Fixed issue with pspell module
- Added user supplied smf module
Beta 1.06o -
- Fixed Safari Support
- Updated Install Instructions
- Added some Beta support for html coloring schemes (phpbb_alpha)
Beta 1.06n -
- Fixed a minor bug in Language Support
- Re-Added Opera 7.2 Support (Removed in 1.06m)
- Re-Added First Found "Correct" word (Removed in 1.06m)
- Fixed some Documentation issues
Beta 1.06m -
- Fixed a minor bug in Language Support
- Fixed MSSQL support
- Updated vBulletin support
- Updated Spell Engine to Properly support Russian (& other Languages) character sets
- Updated Engine to allow Language files to have Localizations
- Updated Engine to automatically remove html entities.
- Added Uppercase/Lowercase/Propercase word detection for suggested words
Beta 1.06l -
- Added Russian Language Support
- Fixed lockup/loop bug in REALLY weird cases.
- Fixed a typo in MySQL support
- Changed virtually all " to ' in code -- PHP handles ' quote code faster.
word to be put in the word correction box.
- Fixed Opera 7.2
Beta 1.06k -
- Added phpMail support
Beta 1.06j -
- Fixed [img][/img] and other tag problems.
- Fixed Opera Problem in starting spell checker
Beta 1.06i -
- Fixed major PHP lockup/loop bug. Thanks to Mosc for informing me of the
problem. Fixed the Root problem.
- Hopefully I finally got PHPNuke 6.5 support working. :)
- Fixed minor bug in installion on PHPBB
- Fixed "[img" tag bug. It also could effect a couple other tags.
Beta 1.06h -
- Fixed minor Spacing bug with Mozilla 1+
- Fixed PHPNuke 6.5 support (Included wrong support file in last version)
- Rewrote DB engine AGAIN. :-) So that Support for others is much easier
- Added support for PSPELL
- Added support for Invision
Beta 1.06g -
- Fixed a bug with Opera 7.0
- Added support for Hivemail 1.2
- Updated Database support to be independant of PHPBB (like the very first
version of phpSpell)
- Add PHPBB, Hivemail, and Native database type libraries.
Beta 1.06f -
- Mozilla 1.0x - fixed support
- Macintosh Browser Support(?)
- Opera 7+ final support
- Fixed phpnuke admin problems(?)
- Cleaned up some variable names
Beta 1.06d & 1.06e -
- Fixed a couple more admin phpnuke issues added by the new admin code
- Fixed my typo; phpnuke is supported, postnuke is NOT!
- Fixed a stupid security hole. :-)
Beta 1.06c -
- Fixed a couple more PhpNuke issues
- Switched to MJ's Spell_Admin module (Thanks! for layout & formating to
use the PHPBB Themes)
- Updated Spell_Admin to verify user is Admin; You can now leave the file
on the server!
- Added optional instruction of how to add language tables to backup
Beta 1.06b -
- Minor change to button html code in readme (added: class="mainoption")
- Updated SQL statement for word table creation (Saves about 3megs)
- Add PHPNuke support (For sites that use phpbb w/ phpnuke)
- Fixed a couple bugs in the Diagnostics
- Fixed the Table prefix not being added
Beta 1.06a -
- Added Opera 7 Beta Support
- Added back in "Insert Word Wrap" system (& fixed it to work much better
than v1.05). Should be accurate the majority of the time. :)
- Removed bogus "[c" tag from config & Added missing Tags.
- Fixed several "&" ampersand problems.
- Removed Index on "Word" -- Unique(Word) automatically adds a index;
(Saves about 2megs disk space)
- Fixed minor warning error message in Diags / Installer from a last
minute 1.06 change.
- Separated PHPBB specific code into its own module
- Can load Smilies table from PHPBB now. :)
- Moved all configuration variables into a $Spell_Config array.
Beta 1.06 -
- Re-wrote parsing engine (Its now FASTER. :-D)
- Fixed a unicode conversion problem (Internet Explorer is the only one
that needed the fix)
- Fixed a Language problem with mysql.
- Updated the table to support Internal Theasures & Dictionary in the future
- Turned most options into Arrays.
- Re-wrote part of the language system; now the Table, Common Words, All
Characters, Translation & Sound
functions are part of the Language Template File. (English now is a
template) spell_English.php now has about 50 of the most commonly used
english words; to speed up spell checking.
- Added support to totally disable Off_By_One support.
- Fixed a minor bug with ENTER/RETURNS as first characters in messages
- Added support to the engine to allow the user to set his language & Lev
Distance -- Front end still needs to have this added to it. So it doesn't
really work yet.
- Added an additional security check
- Removed TAG Closing System & Other unused settings now (Not Needed Anymore)
- Removed "Insert Word Wrap" system. (This is the only downside to the
- Updated Installer to allow you to Force "Safe Mode" support. If the script
times out; click this option And try again.
- Allow Each Language to be in a separate table. Once the Client interface
has the ability to choose the Language; then the script will allow you to
have true multi-lingual board spell checking.
Beta 1.05k -
- Fixed a Unicode conversion problem
- Should fix a Max Execution timeout problem for some really weird servers.
- Updated diagnostics
Beta 1.05j -
- Fixed a couple bug with ending ' removal
Beta 1.05i -
- Fixed problem with PHP 4.2 and the lack of globalized variables
- Updated Installer to be time based for display
- Updated Diags to give better db error messages.
Beta 1.05h -
- Updated Diagnostics to include additional information and one more word.
- Updated JS / Spellcheck engine to support Thesaurus.
- Updated Cookie support to be more universal naming.
- Updated Spellcheck engine to Drop ('s) & (s) support (Enabled by default)
- Updated Installer to be smarter for safe mode & allow now add a single word
Beta 1.05g -
- Fixed a bug with Mysql4 table support not supplying "corrections"
- Sorted Corrections list to be the words with the closest match to
be at the top of the list
- Added "Off_By_One_Search" support. (See Spell_Config.php file)
Beta 1.05f -
- Added Spell_diags.php
Beta 1.05e -
Beta 1.05d -
- Fixed instruction problem
Beta 1.05c -
- Fixed installer case problem with '.dic' dictionaries
Beta 1.05 -
- Complete re-write of front-end client side.
- Now supports Opera
- Traffic to server has been reduced significantly
- Multi-language support implemented
- Fixed several small bugs
- Added Learn, Correct ALL, Ignore ALL.
Beta 1.04 -
- Add Spelling subdirectory
Beta 1.03a -
- Fixed the mod template to use uppercase commands.
Beta 1.03 -
- Updated installer to support those poor people with Safe_Mode enabled :)
Beta 1.03rc2 - (Not released)
- a lot less database overhead w/ better "bad" word matching.
Beta 1.03rc1 - (Not released)
- Complete backend engine rewrite
- Allows much better skipping of tags & symbols & support for other languages
- Integration with PHPBB's db layer.
- Added Suggest to interface
- Added Movement to the highlighted word for Internet Explorer
Beta 1.02 -
- New support for Symbols
- Original Release by Ifroggy